Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikes sulking - voelund
Misinterpretin a titel can sometimes lead to somethin actually fittin the song.
I dont have english as my native tongue, and somehow I understood the sulking as that vehicle poor people transport richer people in in asia, and i imagined this sulky driver wantin to get awat from his hard life, and i thought, lets add an asian crowd, and the bucycles fitted beautifully with the rhythm as did the whistlin with the mood ...

When I found out what it meant I thought, what the ... if it sounds good its cool.

For the production, i just thinned drums a bit, compressed snare and gave kick a treatment i recently found cool, a pultec au both boostin and cuttin at 60 hz.

i gave the guitars difrent treatment and a lot o automation and same with vocal.

listenin on my auratone wannabe speakers i find the vocal and snare a bit too loud, suggestin my mono "ghost" between my main speakers isnt that stable, meanin my speakers are too wide, too close or dont stand as they should ...

or maybe im just tired from listnin.

give it a try, its quite a diffrent approach than other mixes ive heard, and turn it up, if you like guitar, he doesnt play bad Big Grin

.mp3    Mikes sulking 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Oh man, my wife whos a former english teacher just told me the word i were lookin for were rig shaw. Dang, I hope I mix better than how I understand english :-)
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Niels nice sounding and vision of the mix.....I enjoyed listen that...

cheers

Sergio
Thank you Sergio.

Estou muito feliz

Big Grin
tudo legal!! lol
(09-10-2013, 09:06 PM)Voelund Wrote: Misinterpretin a titel can sometimes lead to somethin actually fittin the song.
I dont have english as my native tongue, and somehow I understood the sulking as that vehicle poor people transport richer people in in asia, and i imagined this sulky driver wantin to get awat from his hard life, and i thought, lets add an asian crowd, and the bucycles fitted beautifully with the rhythm as did the whistlin with the mood ...

When I found out what it meant I thought, what the ... if it sounds good its cool.

For the production, i just thinned drums a bit, compressed snare and gave kick a treatment i recently found cool, a pultec au both boostin and cuttin at 60 hz.

i gave the guitars difrent treatment and a lot o automation and same with vocal.

listenin on my auratone wannabe speakers i find the vocal and snare a bit too loud, suggestin my mono "ghost" between my main speakers isnt that stable, meanin my speakers are too wide, too close or dont stand as they should ...

or maybe im just tired from listnin.

give it a try, its quite a diffrent approach than other mixes ive heard, and turn it up, if you like guitar, he doesnt play bad Big Grin

I really liked the overall size of the mix. The guitars and drums are strong and nicely up front. My only concern is for the vocal. It's set nicely in the mix but maybe just a tad too low or would be served better by being on top of the mix.
When everything is playing it seems a little crowded, not quite as large.
Still, this is a very powerful mix. I enjoyed the listen. Smile

TC
Glad you said so. As I had doubts if the
Vocal were too loud. Thank you ! Powerful mix isnt a bad name Big Grin.
Hello Voelund, I really like your gtr balance and placement here especially from 2:47 to 3:37, it really supports the melody and counter melody. I also really like your kick sound - soft, round but present. I tried to shoot for that but fell quite short....
I also love your filtering and modulation ideas at the outtro - although it did make me feel a little woosy (sea sick!) when I listened on my cans :-), top idea though!
OSX - PT10 - Logic