Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us mix
I should synthes make more loud...

Awaiting your opinion!

.mp3    APlaceForUs.mp3 --  (Download: 9.52 MB)

Overall mix is muddy and muffled. Sometimes it feels as if the vocalist is in a well - great if it's intended that way, of course. Also the whole mix is too dynamic - needs compression on separate tracks and busses. My opinion.
Kornelijus
(15-05-2019, 08:43 PM)KR_Productions Wrote: Overall mix is muddy and muffled. Sometimes it feels as if the vocalist is in a well - great if it's intended that way, of course. Also the whole mix is too dynamic - needs compression on separate tracks and busses. My opinion.

I think everyone wants to compress a whole song so it doesn't have any dynamics
As others have said the sound is incredibly compressed, a lot of the vocals are harsh and quite raw. At about a minute the mix falls apart completely and not even the heavy buss compression gives it any cohesion.

In the future, use reference tracks and try to create a cohesive sound stage. The stereo image is quite jarring with the electronic percussion and unbalanced.

I do hear potential though, keep working.
(09-01-2020, 10:54 PM)LightYearRecords11 Wrote: As others have said the sound is incredibly compressed, a lot of the vocals are harsh and quite raw. At about a minute the mix falls apart completely and not even the heavy buss compression gives it any cohesion.

In the future, use reference tracks and try to create a cohesive sound stage. The stereo image is quite jarring with the electronic percussion and unbalanced.

I do hear potential though, keep working. 
thank for the input, I have been practicing and I have improved a lot. check out the new mix I did on here. 

song title is  " never let you go" let me know what you think.

.mp3    Never let you go louder.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

.mp3    Never let you go.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

Hi LuciferMabus,

Did you actually mean to post your 'never let you go' mixes on this thread? I notice there are no attachments added to your 'never let you go' thread.....

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!