Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Wolfs Head and Vixen
Ok so I've been cranking out some mixes and thought I would go down the acoustic rabbit hole.

Not a bad track, bands a bit loose which is nice for the folk vibes. Got rid of that god awful drone at the start and tried to do a "tavern mix" of the band. Not bad.

No outboard gear, logic weapons only. Used a couple of UAD pluggins for this one and that's about it.

.m4a    Wolfs Head and Vixen.m4a --  (Download: 5.39 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Sounds nice Quathamer. Good balance and sonics. You may have robbed the piece of some emotion by puling back the hurdy gurdy part though. The song is sounding a little too levelled from start to finish. It's quite a tricky song to mix. I did play with this one some time ago buy was never really happy with it. Nice work regardless.
(27-04-2019, 01:55 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds nice Quathamer. Good balance and sonics. You may have robbed the piece of some emotion by puling back the hurdy gurdy part though. The song is sounding a little too levelled from start to finish. It's quite a tricky song to mix. I did play with this one some time ago buy was never really happy with it. Nice work regardless.

Yeah I definitely agree with everything you said regarding the mix, though I still think I prefer the "Jam Session" vibe how the song starts. I just really didn't like that droning out of tune harmonium (is it a harmonium?) but agree with everything else. I was mixing it at a low volume and didn't account for the dynamics at the start. Could have eased it in. Not that I'll change it now though, you can spend hours on a track like this.
~
Other Mixes