Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sail Away- Mix
I had problems with adressing the lead vocal.
If anyone has any idea how to fix it i would be gratefulSmile
Great track by the way.

.mp3    Sail Away-Multitrack.mp3 --  (Download: 4.85 MB)

Overheads/cymbals are getting too much attention. I would try to surround the vocals with the piano and the ensemble in general. This would allow you to widen the vocals which may be a key getting them to work better. Backing vox sound really good as does the acoustic. Not sure what happened at the end of your mix...
PreSonus Studio One DAW
on Remote Desktop Server with Dante (ask for details)
[email protected]
(27-04-2019, 02:18 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Overheads/cymbals are getting too much attention. I would try to surround the vocals with the piano and the ensemble in general. This would allow you to widen the vocals which may be a key getting them to work better. Backing vox sound really good as does the acoustic. Not sure what happened at the end of your mix...
Hey, thanks for a good critique.I agree about what you said about cymbals.But i'm not sure what you meant about surrounding vocals. Should i tweak harder left and harder right the Lead and DT vocal or pan the ensemble further away from the center?And about the ending...I bounced it to wrong bar...My bad and thanks for noticement i'll fix it.
Greetings!!
Ver#2
I added bit more DT vox and made some gentle cuts in piano and guitar to help vocals cut better.

.mp3    Sail Away-Multitrack.mp3 --  (Download: 4.81 MB)