Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - Updated
Today, Waves was offering every plugin for $29 US. So in the spirit of Christmas in April, I purchased two pieces I have wanted for some time, Andrew Schep's Omni Channel and the Abbey Road TC Mastering Chain.

This mix is done almost solely with those two plugins and some additional EQ from API and Presonus. Some mastering compression was added by Cytomic's The Glue (I like this compressor more and more with each use) and some gain by the stock PreSonus Limiter. The only reverb added was a MixVerb on the keyboards. All other environment is from the recorded (or provided) effects.

I hope this sounds worthy of these new plugins.

Thanks for the listen and future comments,
mITc

PS: It is a sad sad day today as we watch the loss of Notre Dame de Paris to conflagration. Such a huge part of the heart of France, Europe and the world was taken from us today. And my soul aches.

Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - Mix 2
Worked a bit on the dynamics and clarifying some of the parts. This included the vocal, the guitars, the kick, snare and bass. Oh and the keyboard. I guess that's about everything. Leaned out the chamber some as well.

Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - Mix 3
To give this a bit more of a live feel I placed the entire mix into an inline IR reverb set on a variation of a 480XL Jazz Club. There were mix changes made accordingly which moved all guitars to the center instead of panned L/R. I like the way it translated under these conditions. It placed the rather harsh vocals into a very good and related place with the band.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
mITc

.mp3    Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

.mp3    Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

.mp3    Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - Updated - by Mixinthecloud - 16-04-2019, 02:49 AM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by Roy - 16-04-2019, 03:31 AM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by Roy - 16-04-2019, 04:34 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by Roy - 16-04-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: Enter The Haggis - Two Bare Hands - by kapu - 16-04-2019, 10:52 PM