Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My very first mix - Good Time
Hello everyone, trying to learn to mix, don't have a lot of gear or experience but trying to learn with what I have. I just got Mikes book "Mixing Secrets" and this is my very first mix. I appreciate any help, tips or anything else...…

Brent

.mp3    Louis_Cressy_GoodTime.mp3 --  (Download: 6.7 MB)

hey brent, welcome, i think the main thing here is the volumes arent quite right, HH is overbearing, vocals are very out in front and low end is lacking. Also man Dont worry about gear, i know alot of guys who mix in the box and the quality of onboard plugs in your daw should be more than sufficient, just keep keeping at it.

Cheers
Quote:hey brent, welcome, i think the main thing here is the volumes arent quite right, HH is overbearing, vocals are very out in front and low end is lacking. Also man Dont worry about gear, i know alot of guys who mix in the box and the quality of onboard plugs in your daw should be more than sufficient, just keep keeping at it.

Thank you very much Spandexcore…..Not sure what mix in the box means, …..I only have my computer with Adobe Audition and some waves plugins that I found. I went thru brain cancer in 2011-2012 and am on fixed income and trying to do this with the speakers and sub that came with my computer and a set of $15 headphones. That song was done just in the headphones. I played guitar for years and after my brain surgery I sold all my stuff and laid off playing for almost 10 years, just started getting the zeal to play a couple of months ago, me and a buddy do some collab and email tracks back and forth......hence why I wanted to learn how to mix.

He sends stuff and the bad part is elec drums are all on one track, makes it hard to sound right.

thanks again for your input and help, greatly appreciated!!!!
Brent