Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRODIGAL SON MIX
My take good song feedback is appreciated and given back

.mp3    PRODIGAL SON.mp3 --  (Download: 7.16 MB)

.mp3    PRODIGAL SON2.5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.1 MB)

.mp3    PRODIGAL SON3.5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

It feels really good. It feels a little "aggressive" at first but I think after listening for a minute things seem to balance out. The kick might be a little thick. It feels like it tease up a lot of space in the mix. The snare is pretty thin and paper-y. A lot of that has to do wit the brushes (at least until he switches to sticks later on). There's an out of phase sound to the snare. I'm not sure what that is. I'm pretty sure that the snare in in phase with the OHs. It makes the drums feel a bit separate from the rest of the tracks. Other than that the bass, guitars, and vocals sound good.
Thanks for the listen! You are right about the snare i was checking for phase and left it in inverse by accident changed it back lightened the kick a bit. I've been sorting out the clocking of my equipment its making a big difference in quality. I really like the song arranged and recorded well plus the singer is dope very Joni Mitchell ish
(02-04-2019, 02:57 AM)sagalegin Wrote: My take good song feedback is appreciated and given back

Great Mix, Drums are litter thin, But a great attempt. A little work on the master bus can provide some great results.Smile

Regards,
Vibhu Pranat Dixit.

Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
Thanks for the feedback did an update tried some diff things