Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fergessen Back From The Start TCMix
I went for a very edgy mix, using hard compressions and EQ's.

TC

.mp3    Back From The Start TCMix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.09 MB)

I think your mix is interesting and i guess it would translate good on like a radio. But i find it a bit to hard compressed. I wanted my version to be very dynamic so its kindof different yet both are similair. I like the vocals in yours but im not a fan of the entire idea. I prefer mine, but I reckon you prefer yours Wink I think it has a bit to much bass
(03-10-2013, 08:55 PM)PrincessCakeJ Wrote: I think your mix is interesting and i guess it would translate good on like a radio. But i find it a bit to hard compressed. I wanted my version to be very dynamic so its kindof different yet both are similair. I like the vocals in yours but im not a fan of the entire idea. I prefer mine, but I reckon you prefer yours Wink I think it has a bit to much bass

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.
Yes, mixing is very much a personal statement. I will listen to yours and enjoy your view.
Thanks
Smile
TC
Hello !

Vey interesting point of "ears" !
If i may ... hard compression like you used on lead has a very powerful effect, but its side effect is that noise comes very loud when they are not singing.. try to edit the track and cut the parts when thzy don't sing... it will surely helps !

Keep on mixing !

Cheers
(04-10-2013, 07:40 PM)Xabix Wrote: Hello !

Vey interesting point of "ears" !
If i may ... hard compression like you used on lead has a very powerful effect, but its side effect is that noise comes very loud when they are not singing.. try to edit the track and cut the parts when thzy don't sing... it will surely helps !

Keep on mixing !

Cheers

Thanks for the listen and the tip! Smile

I used a gate for when he wasn't singing but still.... the breathing is a bit over the top. De-essing helped a bit though.

Thanks again

TC