Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeno: 'Signs' - yodiag mix
Hello, this is my mix for the song, had some trouble with the midrange buildups, but anyway, tell me what you think, thanks!

.mp3    ZENO_SIGNS-Mixdown-cmt1.mp3 --  (Download: 9 MB)

It feels pretty good. My ears are a bit shot today so I can't really can't comment on a lot but nothing fells off. I think the vocals could use some de-essing but that's the only "issue" I had with it.
I'd say you have a good base to work off of. The mix works fine but might be a little "safe". I'd consider trying to push it a little more and see if you can make it just bit more exciting and dynamic without having the mix fall apart.
Good job.
(21-03-2019, 01:43 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels pretty good. My ears are a bit shot today so I can't really can't comment on a lot but nothing fells off. I think the vocals could use some de-essing but that's the only "issue" I had with it.
I'd say you have a good base to work off of. The mix works fine but might be a little "safe". I'd consider trying to push it a little more and see if you can make it just bit more exciting and dynamic without having the mix fall apart.
Good job.

Hey Roy, thanks for the comments! Now I m hearing the mix with fresh ears, definitely the vocs sound a bit over the top, maybe that sucks energy from the rest. I may try a re-visit, thanks again!