Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hungarian Dance No 5
Hi everyone, my name is Corrado and this is the version of my mix.
I am not a "professional" so any comment or help regarding the mix is ​​welcome.
Hello everybody
Corrado

.mp3    Hungarian Dance No.5 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.89 MB)

Nice! I like the reverb and balance with the guitar a bit behind the saxophone.

There is a good deal of distortion because the overall levels are too high. Also, the compression is quite noticeable. A little compression is no big deal, but in this case, it's distracting. It also takes away from some of the punches (for instance, at 0:53, and at the end). Being classical music, a natural-sounding mix would probably be more appropriate.

Oh yeah, I also like how you put the guitar sound together; I don't hear too much of the direct input which is a plus!
Thanks Imat for your reply and advice.
I tried to compress the whole project less, as you suggested.
I hope to be improved even though I now feel more natural but less strong.
Tips and help always welcome by all.
Greetings Corrado

.mp3    Hungarian Dance No.5 version 2 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.78 MB)

Hey, that's a lot better! There's less distortion, but still *some* clipping. It may not show up in your digital audio workstation if the clipping is happening, for instance, between plugins. Try to make sure the mix stays -3dB max?

There is a lot of reverb, which is fine here. That makes it sound like they're in a large hall, but it still sounds natural.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I didn't get notification of your message! I'll see if I can fix that.