Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Bloc: 'If You Want Success'
Here is my go at the track.

I distorted the bass. Added some slap echo to the vocals and tried automation by adding feedback to a double delay for the centre part where the vocalists starts to breathe heavily.

Will throw in a few more experimental loops/effects on the next draft and tidy up any sticky out bits.

Used waves L316 for multi-band compression along with the auld reliable Rbass @ around 50hz to boost the low end a touch but hopefully not too much Angel

Update - 15/10/2013

Remastered the track after a car stereo test by boosting the overall volume which appeared to be very low for some reason?

Raising the bass enhance on Waves Rbass to 55hz @ -0.1 db intensity

will try car stereo test again and make a judgement

.mp3    Black Bloc_ If You Want Success_Master 01_10.mp3 --  (Download: 14.76 MB)

.mp3    Black Bloc_ If You Want Success_Master 15_10.mp3 --  (Download: 14.76 MB)

I think your kick is a little too boomy and muddy. The bass guitar is lost in the mix somewhere. Did you put distortion on it?

The feedback idea in the middle is interesting but a little full on and starts too early for my liking. I actually like seeing how others deal with the middle pause Smile

In my mix, I left out the "loop" as it seemed more like a click track than something that was intended to be in the song and it seems to make a mess of things at the end.

I don't know waves Rbass but it could have filled the mix with superfluous sub bass which leaves little room for the rest of the mix to breathe and for it to get some "loudness". Try to make use of Shelf EQ to make space in the bottom end.