Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St Vitus: 'Word Gets Around' / New Thread
Mixed it long time ago and could not post it cause the link was not functioning .
Glad i can now.
have a listen and let me know.
Thanks

.mp3    01 Word Gets Around.mp3 --  (Download: 9.29 MB)

Not a bad mix this is.
Some small things I want to say: Voice level is a little uneven and voice and its like the pitch is diffrent than from what I remember from the raw tracks. Did you tune it or have a pitch correction thing on it you should automate it and only use it where its necessary. The silent part in the middle which you turned up nicely (better than I did) sound more in tune...

The drum loop that starts the soong could be a bit louder when he sings. I understand you want to change the attention to the voice, but turnin it that far down after the loud introduction is a bit more confusin, at least to me. I find myself listenin for if it stops or not, is it still there ? instead o listnin to the music. OK thats a small detail, but thats where all the good parts is, isnt it :-) the details.
The guitar is a bit boomy to my ears.

the drum loops generally sound good, in the start one comes in introducing a very deep kick and disappears. I dont know if I like that.
round 2.28 theres a fine sound effect, very clever made !

As I started: Not a bad mix !

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(01-10-2013, 08:36 PM)Voelund Wrote: Not a bad mix this is.
Some small things I want to say: Voice level is a little uneven and voice and its like the pitch is diffrent than from what I remember from the raw tracks. Did you tune it or have a pitch correction thing on it you should automate it and only use it where its necessary. The silent part in the middle which you turned up nicely (better than I did) sound more in tune...

The drum loop that starts the soong could be a bit louder when he sings. I understand you want to change the attention to the voice, but turnin it that far down after the loud introduction is a bit more confusin, at least to me. I find myself listenin for if it stops or not, is it still there ? instead o listnin to the music. OK thats a small detail, but thats where all the good parts is, isnt it :-) the details.
The guitar is a bit boomy to my ears.

the drum loops generally sound good, in the start one comes in introducing a very deep kick and disappears. I dont know if I like that.
round 2.28 theres a fine sound effect, very clever made !

As I started: Not a bad mix !

Hi Voelund
Thanks for the good review. Sorry for the late response. Im busy mixing an album for a rock musician. having fun so far.
I did not tune the voice, at least i dont remember .
I mixed this song long time ago and don t have a session anymore and have no recollection of what i did .
I just remember that i love the song so much that i work hard to make it sound nice.
Thank you for the good review.
Peacesound