Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Two Bare Hands-RoyM mix
Added new version [03I] to the OP
"There were too many of us, we had access to too much equipment, too much money, and little by little we went insane."
Hi Roy, I had a listen to the latest mix. Overall, I think it sounds very good. The balances and tones are good, and there is a nice sense of clarity and punch.

If I'm really picky, the main issue I hear is one that is inherent in a live in the studio recording of this nature - the inconsistency in the vocal tone, and (to a lesser degree) some slight pitching issues in the vocal performance. These can both be improved, but it is quite labour-intensive (& some might say not worth the effort, for what it is).

The vocalist has quite a high-mid "peakiness" about his voice, where the tone gets somewhat hard and abrasive as he pushes higher in pitch. This can be helped using some multiband compression or dynamic eq. The inconsistency in the vocal tone as the vocalist moves in proximity to the mic responds well to some corrective, automated eq. While his tuning is by no means terrible, the vocalist's tendency to sing slightly sharp at times exacerbates the high-mid hardness in his vocal tone, so correcting that can help with making the vocal feel more appealing.

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Yeah, I think I rushed to put it up before going to bed. It sounded better last night. Ha. Oh well.
"There were too many of us, we had access to too much equipment, too much money, and little by little we went insane."