Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Revo X
Wasn't sure what to do with those backing vocals in the chorus but otherwise some nice sounds on the recording, especially the guitars.

Went for a wide, fat bass sound to fill out the verses a little, present vocal, kept the synths pretty prominent (I'm a sucker for these kinds of synths). Added a clap to the snare hits and tried to bring as much room/kit as possible out of those cymbal mics to make up for the lack of overheads and stereo rooms.

Cool song Smile

Cheers for listening.

.mp3    Revo X Mixed.mp3 --  (Download: 10.39 MB)

I see you went for NuMetal (is that even a thing) I went for Eurovision, Radio pop Rock.

How the hell do you get that bass sound is that a synth bass mixed in or is it just eq.

Liking the power in the chorus

(09-03-2019, 06:10 PM)Retchid Gretchin Wrote: I see you went for NuMetal (is that even a thing) I went for Eurovision, Radio pop Rock.

How the hell do you get that bass sound is that a synth bass mixed in or is it just eq.

Liking the power in the chorus

Haha yeah maybe NuMetal, not really sure, just had a few things I wanted to hear in mind.

The bass, I duplicated twice. The original track was left as is. I ran the first duplicate through a Sansamp distortion and a stereo chorus and the second through a distorted guitar amp and a microshift to make it wide. Then EQ'd them all together cutting quite a lot of mids and boosting at 1K. But the synth bass in the track (synth 5) is quite high in my mix and sort of blends with the bass guitar. Probably what you're hearing.

Thanks for checking it out. I actually downloaded yours as a reference, I like where you had the vocals and guitars sitting in terms of level so that helped.
Maybe the synth it is not loud in mine. I also used only the original bass which I never do probably because I wanted the 80's pop sound also did not put parallel compression on it - it is sitting turned off in my template for the bass on this one.

I have gotta try to get that bass sound though.