Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gravediggers
Rebalanced EQ

.mp3    Gravediggers V2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

A few things jump out at me. The guitars are pretty loud in relation to the drums. It feels a little 'phasy'. Was there any M/S processing going on? That may have thrown things off a bit. Regardless, if you brought the sides down a bit (like 3db) you'd have a more solid sounding mix in terms of low end and punch. I think then the biggest issues would be the shaker being too loud. I'm also not a fan of the panned vocal in the chorus but that's mostly a matter of taste. I mean, if some one was listening to this on a road trip, why deprive the listener in the passenger seat of those vocals? Unless you're in the UK or someplace with weird cars.

That's all that really jumped out at me. It's significant but an easy tweak. There might be other parts that need so other adjustments but it's hard to say at the moment.

Hope that helps,
Cheers
It helps and I am from the UK - I think I may have panned 2 vocals to the same area due to lack of tracks for Parralel Compresson then sent the compression between them
(Cubase only has Send pannings on the Pro version which sucks)

I had 2 new toys on the mastered track - Dangerous EQ making it too bright and the other the free BX_solid stereo enhancement on steroids probably overcooked it with both.

Never noticed the shaker (probably only popped up in the master) now it will just annoy me until I fix it I was not sure where they were going with those opening chords at all they do sound very phasey.

Will probably fix these things on the next pass.