Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat
Hi,

I picked this song to try out something I'm not familiar with, I'm really not into emo music etc. in general but that was interesting!

I went a bit over the top mixing the drums, very compressed with reverb. Everything is very compressed and quite bright.

There were a bunch of edits that were needed also.

I was a bit frustrated because of the many vocal tracks with a crazy dynamic range so had to process and split them again individually, added a lot of compression etc. a bit painful to do ahah

I panned the main guitars left and right and added another guitar in the middle which has a lot of attack and punch (almost Meshuggah like) just to have something a bit more in your face.

Lots of automation and panning, played with stereo reverb, added some effects on some of the guitars like flanger or delay, had fun.

I don't know where to go with the mix from here and not sure how it sounds so posting now Big Grin

Please let me know what you think!
Thanks a lot,
Quentin

.mp3    Still Flyin.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

Tweaked some bits a bit, there's less bass (tried to have guitar and bass glued together), a bit less cymbals.

EDIT: Just realised I had uploaded the wrong file, corrected now.
I hear how bright / harsh the mix sounds. Please let me know if you can pinpoint what I could have done differently, looking for feedback!

Thanks a lot,
Quentin

.mp3    Still Flyin REVISED.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)