Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#34 Quicksand - MARQUE MOON MIX
Terrific song, I tried to picture what Television should sound like today and then make it just a little more bombastic. Guitar #2 was hard to place, btw.

Some edits here and there, nothing drastic, but if you tease me with that "Lover You Should've Come Over" harmonium part, you bet I'm gonna use it!

.mp3    34 - TheTravellingBand - Quicksand (Deliza Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.39 MB)

It feels pretty good. Guitar 2 feels like it's in a fine place. It makes sense to pan it against the floor tom.
I feel like it just needs a bit more excitement. Maybe overall bit of eq, which might be a mastering thing, and maybe some extra effect on the vocal to give it some size and character compared to the rest of the bombastic band.
I'm usually not a fan of edits but I kinda like going back into the intro. I do wish it went back into the main song at some point. I wasn't quite done with it. The wow and flutter on the harmonium is a bit much.

Good job.
Yep, it's true the tune feels kinda short. I thought of going back to the original coda for a while, but didn't see a clear transition.
Funny cos I just can't even hear the flutter anymore, but I take note. Thanks!
(06-03-2019, 02:43 PM)Deliza Wrote: Yep, it's true the tune feels kinda short. I thought of going back to the original coda for a while, but didn't see a clear transition.
Funny cos I just can't even hear the flutter anymore, but I take note. Thanks!

When it happened I assumed the band was going to come back in on "Matter".

That'd be a good fit, I didn't think of it!
Sweet Deliza! Works for me. After listening to many mixes of this song, this is quite refreshing. You are very good at arrangement and keeping things musical. Well done!
Oh yeah, love the wow and flutter on the accordion parts. Big Grin
That flutter thing is gonna be so hit n'miss for me because it seems I'm pretty deaf to it (I know it's noticeable in this mix, but for me it's hardly there)!
Thanks for the kind words!
Very Cool

I like the wow and flutter on the accordion parts also. You sat the 2nd guitar nicely, sounded good
Great job! Solid Mix!
Cheers
KBig Grin
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.