Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa Fe nes
I did this really quickly, the track is really well recorded and I'm not really good so I thought any extra time spent would make it worse.

.mp3    Santa Fe mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

It doesn't sound bad.

The drums in the right speaker for the intro are weird and distracting. The bass drum is kind of papery and floppy. Some guitar lines get lost and could do with a bit of automation. There is a problem with distortion when levels get higher, especially noticeable on the vocals and toms, and those toms are overbearing and boomy.
I think you need to explain the drums in the intro. Did you mute the drum buss and then bring it in at the second line of the 1st verse? If so, it would be more effective if you could actually mute ALL the drums. I'd guess you did not include the room and chamber in the drum buss. Still a tough get with leakage.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for the feedback!
I tried to improve the areas you guys pointed out. I tried to bring back the guitars a little bit, did some automation. I lowered the vocal distortion send, that was getting out of control in some parts, and revisited the drums.
With the drums, what I did was to start off with just the room mics panned to one side, and then when the first part of the verse ends, I made the bass kick in and the room mic to go back to stereo, which I thought could really grab your ear, and made the kick and snare mics kick in when the organ kicks in. But I didn't realize that the room mics had a poor kick drum sound, so I added the kcik mics from the begginig. Here it is.
Thanks again.

.mp3    Santa Fe mix1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.17 MB)