Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bare Hands
Hey guys,
Hope you are doing fine. This time, I tried to mix with the DAW from Harrison: Mixbus.

We will see how much you like so, so please, feel free to let your feedback here like a comment.

Regards,

Ivonne M.

.mp3    EnterTheHaggis_TwoBareHands_Mix_Levels_r1_session_19-03-04.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

Nat MT
Audio producer and engineer

AES Member / PIAudio member / ASA Latin America
Student
Hey,

Your mix is really great, I like the vocals and the bass GTR. It's good to hear that you have done it on Harrisons Mix Bus, Great Attempt on this one.

Can you please provide some feedback on my mix if possible.

Regards,
Vibhu
Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
It feels off. I like the warm tone of the intro though the guitar and bass sound (I think) are hard to differentiate from each other. When the drums come in the mix doesn't seem to get much bigger. Everything feels dark and muted in relation to the vocal. That makes the vocal feel on top of the mix and separate from the band. The vocals then get drowned out when the guitar and keyboard comes in.

Overall it feels really static and dynamics are really important to this song. It's not bad or too far off. It just needs more work.

Hope that helps.
I'll try to check with a different out source to check that what you wrote. I felt the guitar and the bass were quite good in balance but maybe it can create a mask between each other.

(10-03-2019, 01:44 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels off. I like the warm tone of the intro though the guitar and bass sound (I think) are hard to differentiate from each other. When the drums come in the mix doesn't seem to get much bigger. Everything feels dark and muted in relation to the vocal. That makes the vocal feel on top of the mix and separate from the band. The vocals then get drowned out when the guitar and keyboard comes in.

Overall it feels really static and dynamics are really important to this song. It's not bad or too far off. It just needs more work.

Hope that helps.

Nat MT
Audio producer and engineer

AES Member / PIAudio member / ASA Latin America
Student
(05-03-2019, 02:56 AM)natalyt96 Wrote: Hey guys,
Hope you are doing fine. This time, I tried to mix with the DAW from Harrison: Mixbus.

We will see how much you like so, so please, feel free to let your feedback here like a comment.

Regards,

Ivonne M.

Hola Ivonne:

I liked your mix, you are a very talented engineer. The only issues I found when listening to it was the lead vocal level is a bit loud. If you bring the volume down when listening to where you barely hear all the instruments, the vocal will pop out. This is a good trick for levels settings. I hope it helps.

Un fuerte abrazo