Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop and rise my MIX
Hi. this is my mix from this song.Hope you like it.
Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    Stop and rise MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.51 MB)

This is sounding pretty good. From the sound of your mix you've probably got more experience than I do, but I'll just give a few thoughts. I like the sound of drums, they are really nice and have an aggressive sound, but in the context of this song, I feel like a more organic sound would be better. I know that's kind of hard when the only available snare track is a sample, but it's a matter of personal preference I suppose, but the only other thing I would say is that I'd kind of like to hear more of the acoustic guitar as it seems like they were trying to make it stand out as it is unique to this particular song. One last thing is, the backing vocal track that sort of sounds like it is reversed or something might be a little loud for my taste, it seems like it should be something more in the background to let the main vocal part stand out more. I also really like the 'wah' effect you did on the lead guitar at the end. And again, you've obviously been doing this for longer than me so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Have a nice day!
(11-10-2019, 04:22 PM)jamesw1 Wrote: This is sounding pretty good. From the sound of your mix you've probably got more experience than I do, but I'll just give a few thoughts. I like the sound of drums, they are really nice and have an aggressive sound, but in the context of this song, I feel like a more organic sound would be better. I know that's kind of hard when the only available snare track is a sample, but it's a matter of personal preference I suppose, but the only other thing I would say is that I'd kind of like to hear more of the acoustic guitar as it seems like they were trying to make it stand out as it is unique to this particular song. One last thing is, the backing vocal track that sort of sounds like it is reversed or something might be a little loud for my taste, it seems like it should be something more in the background to let the main vocal part stand out more. I also really like the 'wah' effect you did on the lead guitar at the end. And again, you've obviously been doing this for longer than me so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Have a nice day!
Hi James. How are you? I hope you being well. Man, it´s funny how the things go. I mixed this song in Feb. and since then I´ve been mixed more than 100 songs, and I think today I´d do this in a different way.... Your tips are very welcome.
I like all the feedback I can get with it.
And you are right at your points. I agree with you.
As I said, when I mixed this song, I was beggining in mixing. I was studying with a sound engineer and he was teaching me how to do the thing. So, I was trying to get a good sound. Today I think it would be better. As you said too. (LOL) But it´s allright. I think we´re gonna improve more and more with the practice.
I wish you the best.