Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Broken man (Panos)
Very nice song! I hope you like it too.

I wish I had the drums in separate tracks so I could mess with them more. I only added some 808s at the choruses for variation.

Of course comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Panos

.mp3    Broken man (Panos).mp3 --  (Download: 9.31 MB)

I find the vocals to sound kind of muffled. (Maybe E.Q.-ing or just using a highpass that goes pretty far to also remove a lot of the low midrange frequencies.)
Or maybe that was your intention?
(12-10-2013, 09:49 PM)kjell159 Wrote: I find the vocals to sound kind of muffled. (Maybe E.Q.-ing or just using a highpass that goes pretty far to also remove a lot of the low midrange frequencies.)
Or maybe that was your intention?

Well I think you are right. I listen to it now and the vox seems a little muddy. I'll try to remove some low-mids and maybe give a db above 12k for air.

Thanx a lot! Wink
One of the best here!!! Well done Panos
Clearly my reference mix!
(14-10-2016, 02:17 PM)Kostas21 Wrote: One of the best here!!! Well done Panos
Clearly me reference mix!

Hey Kostas! Thanks a lot!

It's been almost 6 years since I mixed that song.. Listening to it now I think I should have more level automation on some tracks. It seems to me a bit flat. It also needs better mastering for sure. I may do a revision some day! Anyway.. Thanks again!
(14-10-2016, 02:17 PM)Kostas21 Wrote: One of the best here!!! Well done Panos
Clearly me reference mix!

Why not make your reference mix the original?

Alex
co-creater of Speak Softly
http://speaksoftly.bandcamp.com/
Great mix Panos!!
For sure much better than the template mp3 which sound pretty unstable - espcially the vocals!

Well done.
One thing I quite dont understand are the distorted vocals beginning of verse 2 - question of taste I guess - but other than that I love this mix.
Especially the synths in the refrains cut nicely through and add lots of interest. Hope I can do it as good as this.
i know you did this years ago, but i will give you my feedback.

Drums - I like the drums has a nice punch to them and level is good.

Bass - Far to loud and bass heavy. it over powers the mix

Piano - Sounds too dry for me and a little harsh.

Synth's - sound nice

vocal's sometimes they feel distant and muffled. maybe bring them to the front with eq.

for me the bass is too heavy and if you toned that down i think the mix would fall into place more.

anyway my 2 cents, so it's subjective.

i enjoyed it anyway.

Waza