Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Still Flyin' /,,/
Loved the guitars on this song. i'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.

.mp3    The Aprehended Still Flying Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

Again, your creative additions are sick. The intro is really cool, the lead into the screams, and did you add a synth part after the solo?

The first thing that I noticed here is that the vocal is still really dynamic. You can definitely afford to squash it a lot more in this type of music to really keep it upfront above the guitars. If you listen to bands like Periphery or Divisions or Dance Gavin Dance, the vocal production is basically identical to that of a Pop mix. Heavily compressed, really bright and direct. Don't be afraid to really push the compression, even like 10-20dB of reduction isn't uncommon with this type of music.

But the band sounds really cool, I like the balance. Maybe more of a fat, powerful snare?

Cool mix!
(17-02-2019, 09:19 PM)Pasta Wrote: Again, your creative additions are sick. The intro is really cool, the lead into the screams, and did you add a synth part after the solo?

The first thing that I noticed here is that the vocal is still really dynamic. You can definitely afford to squash it a lot more in this type of music to really keep it upfront above the guitars. If you listen to bands like Periphery or Divisions or Dance Gavin Dance, the vocal production is basically identical to that of a Pop mix. Heavily compressed, really bright and direct. Don't be afraid to really push the compression, even like 10-20dB of reduction isn't uncommon with this type of music.

But the band sounds really cool, I like the balance. Maybe more of a fat, powerful snare?

Cool mix!

Hey again!

Naw, i didn't add any synth after the solo, it was already there i think.
I've never been too aggressive with compression on vocals, I'll definitely give a shot (love Periphery btw), it makes a lot of sense. And yeah xD that snare could be a lot more fat.

Thanks again for your input,

Happy Mixing!

Update.

.mp3    The Aprehended Still Flying Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.5 MB)

(22-02-2019, 12:42 AM)lu_mfm Wrote: Update.

Yeahhhh, this is nice. Definite improvement on your first mix. Really good.

Cool sound chief!
(22-02-2019, 04:17 AM)Pasta Wrote:
(22-02-2019, 12:42 AM)lu_mfm Wrote: Update.

Yeahhhh, this is nice. Definite improvement on your first mix. Really good.

Cool sound chief!

Sweet!

Maybe the voice could use a bit more of compression but other than that it does sound better than the first one. Thanks again for your input man! really useful.

Happy mixing!