Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollowstate- Gravediggers
Cool song. Just trying for a straightforward, well balanced mix. Thoughts?

.mp3    Gravediggers.mp3 --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

Not bad. Tonally it works well. It's a little right heavy. Some of the guitars seem louder than the vocals at points and takes the spotlight away. It feels over compressed. The mix could "breathe" more.
Thanks for the input. Biggest challenge for me is compression in general. I'm learning and getting better, but I've often struggled with getting a good sounding, transparent(-ish) compression. I need to back off compressing the whole mix during the mixdown stage, too Smile

I think this is better:

.mp3    Gravediggers.mp3 --  (Download: 8.1 MB)

Second one seems like an improvement. Some of the guitars fight each other in the more dense sections so you might want to think about sculpting the tones a bit more so they have a more specific spot in terms of your mix.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
I seem to be missing a lot of the guitar figures in this and I am also hearing the snare coming predominantly from the left. Was that intentional? The drums sound good but I am hearing an early hit from the left. There is good energy in this but I would like to hear a bit more articulation of the individual guitar phrases.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]