Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollowstate Gravediggers
I tried to give a more rich and warm not forgetting width, not sure if i got the right level for the vocals,iam sure you guys will let me knowBig Grin cheers.

.mp3    Hollowstate Gravediggers mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.19 MB)

.mp3    Hollowstate Gravediggers mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.12 MB)

.mp3    Hollowstate Gravediggers mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

.mp3    Hollowstate Gravediggers final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.06 MB)

Reaper user
(18-02-2019, 05:39 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: I tried to give a more rich and warm not forgetting width, not sure if i got the right level for the vocals,iam sure you guys will let me knowBig Grin cheers.

This is good sounding man. I feel you made it a tad too warm, the low end is kind of muddy (on my subwoofer anyways). I like what you did to the vocal, it brings forth a whole other performance than my mix!
I do feel that the kick and the toms are a bit washed out though.
Keep at it man! Big Grin
The width feels a little artificial to me. I don't know if the stereo image was widened or not but it feels artificial. Guitar 3 and it's noise stands out a lot to me but it's a tough problem to fix. It feels pretty compressed. You could ease up on the bus compression and let it breath a little more. I like the bass tone.
(19-02-2019, 12:46 AM)jonesbb Wrote:
(18-02-2019, 05:39 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: I tried to give a more rich and warm not forgetting width, not sure if i got the right level for the vocals,iam sure you guys will let me knowBig Grin cheers.

This is good sounding man. I feel you made it a tad too warm, the low end is kind of muddy (on my subwoofer anyways). I like what you did to the vocal, it brings forth a whole other performance than my mix!
I do feel that the kick and the toms are a bit washed out though.
Keep at it man! Big Grin
Thanks jonesbb i agree with you so i made a mix 2(re-mastered to be honest)and taken off some more low end and brought in the stereo image a little based on Roys comments,cheers.
Reaper user
(19-02-2019, 03:48 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: The width feels a little artificial to me. I don't know if the stereo image was widened or not but it feels artificial. Guitar 3 and it's noise stands out a lot to me but it's a tough problem to fix. It feels pretty compressed. You could ease up on the bus compression and let it breath a little more. I like the bass tone.
Cheers Roy for that i have brought in the stereo image slightly in mix 2,but left gtr 3 as is,thanks for your comments.
Reaper user
Mix 2 feels better. The only other thing that jumps out at me is some cymbal wash. I don't know if it's the room mics or possibly some leakage from the Snare FX track.
(19-02-2019, 06:49 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Mix 2 feels better. The only other thing that jumps out at me is some cymbal wash. I don't know if it's the room mics or possibly some leakage from the Snare FX track.
Thanks again Roy for your input so i have gone back into the mix and fixed it from there and used different limiter in the "mastering stage" thank you againBig Grin.
Reaper user
hmm. sounds good, but is there a bit too much some upper mid saturation or something on the master?
Thanks Kapu wasnt sure which plugin was causing that but i think i found it,final mix uploaded.
Reaper user
hey Cudjoe. Listened to final mix....looks like you've been through a few versions.

i think you've done a great job sorting through all the guitars and getting a sonically dense and more importantly, a pleasing balance. Bass, drums and guitars all hang together powerfully and you've left enough headroom to sit the vocals nicely which is always tricky in this sort of mix

i'm not overly convinced by the flat harmony BGVs being pushed to the fore in the choruses but maybe its 'cos i'm so used to the lead melody .... i'm sure it will grow on me (....in fact it is) Smile.

cheers,

Simon

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar