Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST MIX
Hello to all,
I'm new to Mix.This is my first Mix.Please listen to this and tell me my mistakes so i can do better in the future.THANK YOU

.mp3    You Know Better PARM MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

Hi, that´s an interesting mix! If only it could be heard underneath all that reverb :-)
Honestly, there are some good elements in there for sure, the overall tonality and balance is not bad, especially given you are new to mixing.
The biggest problems that needs to be addressed first in my opinion is the use of reverb. Yes, it´s always a subjective and artistic decision what kind of reverb to use and how much of it, but here it sound as if you have put a really long reverb on the whole mix just because you can, which is rarely a good idea. The goal should always be to create depth and contrast in a mix, meaning you should use different reverb types and amounts of reverb individually on different elements of the song to achieve depth and front to back placement. And generally less of it, especially when it´s not a ballad.
If you want to learn more about that I really recommend Mike´s book "Mixing secrets..." where the different types and uses of reverb are explained in detail.
Keep mixing dude, hope that helps!
(15-02-2019, 06:27 PM)Herb Felho Wrote: Hi, that´s an interesting mix! If only it could be heard underneath all that reverb :-)
Honestly, there are some good elements in there for sure, the overall tonality and balance is not bad, especially given you are new to mixing.
The biggest problems that needs to be addressed first in my opinion is the use of reverb. Yes, it´s always a subjective and artistic decision what kind of reverb to use and how much of it, but here it sound as if you have put a really long reverb on the whole mix just because you can, which is rarely a good idea. The goal should always be to create depth and contrast in a mix, meaning you should use different reverb types and amounts of reverb individually on different elements of the song to achieve depth and front to back placement. And generally less of it, especially when it´s not a ballad.
If you want to learn more about that I really recommend Mike´s book "Mixing secrets..." where the different types and uses of reverb are explained in detail.
Keep mixing dude, hope that helps!
Thank You very much for your suggestions.i will keep that in my mind.Thanks for the reply.