Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directions Mix
This is my mix of Directions...I really like the vibe. Laid back. I had to slice and dice a lot to correct a lot of the timing issues. I had a lot of phasing going on with the bass....once I corrected the timing it seemed to stick a bit better. I added a little distortion to the solo and widened the percussion using the Hass effect.

The second attachment is with the recommended changes. I added a de esser on the vocal track and fed the bass to a re-amp to try to bring out a little more low end.

.mp3    directionsmaster.mp3 --  (Download: 6.69 MB)

.mp3    directionsmasterB.mp3 --  (Download: 6.71 MB)

Fantastic mix! There's really not much to say, there's nothing technically wrong or at fault. I feel most suggestible changes would be purely preference based.

Really pleasing to listen to, great job!
It feels pretty good. The vocal is a little sibilant. Maybe it feels a little aggressive overall for the tone of the song but that's a personal preference. The notes of the bass are there but maybe it could use some body. There's a bit of hiss but it's only noticeable at the top and tail. Good job.
Thanks for the reply guys! I have a second version coming with some of the changes you recommended....