Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat
Hi,

Somehow I always end up mixing pop punk songs Big Grin

Cool chord progression and tight performance, it was fun to mix although lots of challenges.

When I first listened to it, it kind of reminded me of the Japan rock or metal bands that tend to be a bit epic / over the top / super produced. I wanted to take that direction without taking the song too far down that line.

I was struggling with the snare and the kick was a bit weak so used samples although they are behind and just there to have a fuller sound (had to tweak a lot especially EQ so needed some compensation).

The voice was the second difficult bit for me, the singer is a bit all over the place, not sure what mic was used but there's a lot of volume changes and "Ss" so compressed, had to create separate tracks to treat different parts of the song as i did not want to go too crazy on automation. I am still not happy with the voice but I am not sure what is wrong with it (please let me know if you can help!).

I wanted to do something fun with the intro, I felt like the fade in was not enough of a "pull the rug" effect, so added a silence, I first added a massive BOOM (from drum and bass electronic drums) synced with the first kick to make it epic but it was really over the top cliché ahah.

I wanted the song to feel punchy and in your face so it's very compressed, there's also a limiter on the stereo bus to get it super tight and punchy.

I would love some feedback, please let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot
Quentin

.mp3    Four graham.mp3 --  (Download: 6.34 MB)