Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Kangoro: 'Animal' kapu mix
very nice. very nice. ^_^

.mp3    kangoro___animal__kapu_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

updated to slightly modified version.
I liked it alot.
You chose to deal with those fake sounding distorted guitars by burying them while I struggle to keep em upfront without sounding cheesy... I think you have the better idea here Smile
It sounded massive and groovy the whole way through. great job!
(20-02-2019, 02:11 PM)Fenekucci Wrote: I liked it alot. [...]

thanks! used a smearing stereo chorus for those guitars, to make them less audible yet present.
I normally finish a mix before i listen to other mixes or post comments but not being a big Hip Hop mixer, i decided to have a listen before even starting....

Listening on headphones is fun....lots of ear candy and FX flying about.....I think Mike described it as "bonkers" so i think you've captured that vibe plus it is very groovy Cool

Good job.....i feel inspired to jump in
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(24-02-2019, 07:47 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: I normally finish [...]

thanks for listening! glad you liked it.

most of the bonkers ear candy stuff is straight from the source tracks, with some enhancing processing added. i think some of the tracks were also misnamed, so remember to check the actual content of the tracks. ^_^
Super aggressive and loud mix!!! Love it.
(24-02-2019, 10:59 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Super aggressive and loud mix!!! Love it.

thanks!

'what kind of mixes do you usually do here?
-oh, we do both kinds! we do loud AND aggressive.' ^_^