Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
Hollowstate: 'Gravediggers' kapu mix
(17-02-2019, 07:29 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: All I can say is [...]

thank you for your kind words!

id say this is more something like synthpop makeover than edm remix, but doesnt really matter.

the descending lead synth in chorus is a new part.

kick and snare are triggered and replaced with iconic drum machine sounds. agogo and handclaps were added. toms are originals, with hard gating and gated reverb. shaker and percussions are original.

experimented with blending in those drum rooms and loops, but in the end left them all out, i think.

sfx are original.

synth bass is a new part. original bass also used during chorus.

original guitar and synth parts. although with some editing, and omitting during verses.

original vocals. ^_^
(17-02-2019, 07:34 PM)Frank Lima Wrote: Cool REMix!

thanks! wasnt very happy with the drafts i made trying to do a conventional mix, so it escalated quickly into this. ^_^
YES MATE!
(17-02-2019, 09:41 PM)Pasta Wrote: YES MATE!

thanks, mate! ^_^
Kapu,

I mixed the original, and for the last week Matt (the artist) and I have been listening to this version on repeat, wishing we had done the whole album in this style. Really well done! I was hoping that the folks here would have some creative ideas and you knocked it out of the park.

Music is a team sport!

-Jake
This is awesome! Totally different vibe. I love this. Maybe some pitch correction on the chorus vocal would fit?
(18-02-2019, 01:32 AM)jgrab Wrote: Kapu, [...]

*modestly blushing* good to hear it worked for the artist and original production team. thank you for feedback, and of course for providing the music and tracks. ^_^
(19-02-2019, 12:54 AM)jonesbb Wrote: This is awesome! [...]

thanks for listening! i was thinking more like robotic vocoder background choir for the chorus. maybe at some point ill add that. ^_^
made a more ordinary sounding mix. ^_^

.mp3    Hollowstate__Gravediggers_kapu_normal_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.19 MB)

(19-02-2019, 10:48 PM)kapu Wrote: made a more ordinary sounding mix. ^_^

Also, very good. You get great bottom end without obscuring the rest of the mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]