Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dream No. 12 - gloukin mix
And chill.... Smile

My first attempt, please comment.

.mp3    Dream No12.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

.mp3    Dream No12 v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

Dude I really like it! The ukeleles panings aproach is different from mine but that's just taste. I like the EQing in general and mixing.

Now, things to improve upon. Try to lower the beach and bird sound effects a bit. In the begging is some what overpowering. The only other thing would be the guitar. Have you tried to handle the transients with automation? If not, you should try it. It work for me.

Other then that, I think your version is among one the most complete in terms of mixing dude.
Thank you! I will take a look at your suggestions. Do you think the guitar is too pokey?
(07-02-2019, 11:17 PM)glukin Wrote: Thank you! I will take a look at your suggestions. Do you think the guitar is too pokey?

In general, the guitar is a little bit loud for my taste. But the main issue is that last guitar pluck(in every segment) needs to be addressed with automation or a very specific compressor. Although, this is not your fault as it was recorded that way. Other than that it, sound great!
Updated V2 with small modifications. Let me know your thoughts.
Hello George!
I like the tone of everything. Everything sounds nice and full. I love the dreamy vibe you get from the reverb and delay.
My only suggestion would be to work on the balance (volumes) of the tracks a bit more. Make sure the song blends better. Mixing in mono and low volume monitoring REALLY helps with that Wink

Really great tones my friend,
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
(05-03-2019, 02:34 AM)ricsanram Wrote: Hello George!
I like the tone of everything. Everything sounds nice and full. I love the dreamy vibe you get from the reverb and delay.
My only suggestion would be to work on the balance (volumes) of the tracks a bit more. Make sure the song blends better. Mixing in mono and low volume monitoring REALLY helps with that Wink

Really great tones my friend,

Thank you, Ricardo

Any particular pointers as to what doesn’t work with the balance on your opinion?

George
hi glukin. i like how you made the finger snaps more prominent it gives the song a different perceived pace.