Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Dream 12
Think I was still asleep on this one... anyway here is my track. I just switched Daw's to Digital Performer, Me likey alot but just going for balance till I figure the thing out.Huh

Ahh, had to lose DP 10... sounded great but more suited to midi stuff.

Complete remake with Harrison 32c-5 hope it's a bit better.

*Update* Decided to do one more remake with Studio One Pro. I'm not really happy with it, but since I have an entire day in it here it is anyway.

.mp3    Dream number 12.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

.mp3    Dream Number 12_r1_session 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.28 MB)

.mp3    Dream-Sonno.mp3 --  (Download: 7.31 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Hello!
How do you like Digital Performer? I heard it's very similar to Pro Tools?
Anyways, I was surprised how loud you got the song without it sounding overcompressed. Overall, everything is very well balanced. My only comment would be about the kick. I personally would like more of it, since I feel the kick is what gives the songs its drive (besides the shaker).
I dig everything else tho!

Great job, and thanks for mixing!
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
(05-03-2019, 02:14 AM)ricsanram Wrote: Hello!
How do you like Digital Performer? I heard it's very similar to Pro Tools?
Anyways, I was surprised how loud you got the song without it sounding overcompressed. Overall, everything is very well balanced. My only comment would be about the kick. I personally would like more of it, since I feel the kick is what gives the songs its drive (besides the shaker).
I dig everything else tho!

Great job, and thanks for mixing!

Thank You! yes DP is a close cousin to PT (alot cheaper too) an amazing DAW but the learning curve was a bit too much for me, so I didn't buy it after the demo expired. Guess the Kick did get lost... mixed on my Peavy wedges since my near fields are out for repair. I'll do a remake of your wonderful song in the near future! Cheers!!!
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Hi @mongo, I know what you mean about the song and sleep Big Grin I was thinking the same thing after mixing it. the ocean waves are very calming. Overall I like your mix. Was this your first mix in DP? I tried out Harrison Mixbus for mine. I think I will continue to use it.