Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Hollowstate - Gravediggers - RichHeart
Hey team,

Here my version of Hollostate - Gravediggers
Tell me what you think !

Peace,
RichHeart

.mp3    Hollowstate Gravediggers - RichHeart.mp3 --  (Download: 10.14 MB)

(03-02-2019, 10:58 AM)RichHeart Wrote: Hey team,

Tell me what you think !

Peace,
RichHeart

I thinked very compression.
Less compression in master, balance dinamic tracks.
Good job!
I like the reverb/roomy drum sound. Gives it a real vibe.

The guitar in the verse playing the arpeggiated chords is a little loud.

As Frank said, it feels quite compressed overall which I think is holding back the bass and the bottom end of the kick drum a bit. If you tone that down and add some automation to bring out some more energy in choruses and transitions, this mix will be really cool.
(03-02-2019, 03:47 PM)Pasta Wrote: I like the reverb/roomy drum sound. Gives it a real vibe.

The guitar in the verse playing the arpeggiated chords is a little loud.

As Frank said, it feels quite compressed overall which I think is holding back the bass and the bottom end of the kick drum a bit. If you tone that down and add some automation to bring out some more energy in choruses and transitions, this mix will be really cool.

Hey Pasta thanks for your constructive criticism! That effect of holding back the bass and bass drum was in purpose as I wanted to create depth in the mix and try to not have all the instruments sitting at the front of the mix and have everything in your face Hahaha. But I reckon it is a litte bit too compressed, I’ll modify all of these today and I’ll upload a new version today or tomorrow.

Mix map:

(Back of the mix) Drum/bass —> Atmospheric Guitars/Keys —> Lead Guitars —> Vocals (Front of the mix)

Thanks again Smile
(03-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Frank Lima Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:58 AM)RichHeart Wrote: Hey team,

Tell me what you think !

Peace,
RichHeart

I thinked very compression.
Less compression in master, balance dinamic tracks.
Good job!

Thanks for your review