Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Time Mix
Hey guys, would you have a listen to my mix and comment on it ? Thanks!

.mp3    Good Time.mp3 --  (Download: 11.29 MB)

Hi Terock, sounds pretty good listening on cans (Senn HD650). Nice use of ambience in the mix and everything sounds clear and punchy.

Been a long long time since I mixed this one, but one tiny thing I noticed in your mix was that some of the words/phrases at the beginning of the song are getting very slightly overwhelmed by the music (even in cans). Maybe check the mix using the 'whisper test' method and automate accordingly.

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks FytaKyte! Yeah, I could do a lot with automation and also editing to clean up some instruments, but I actually didn't automate or edit just because it's a practice mix. I feel like the vocals got agressive on high mids, maybe around 1.5-3k ?

Thank you for listening!
Sorry for the late reply Terock,

Listening with headphones, I also like the way the song moves along. Nice clarity and punch. I tend to agree with FytaKyte with the vox. You could also practice with giving the vox some extra weight and density through parallel compression and distortion and the like. May help it "hold it's own" amidst the bolder guitar tones.

An enjoyable mix to listen to Terock. Well done, tastefully executed.

Dave