Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A place for us
Hi guys, I guess I need some help with this mix. I'm ok with the sound I got for guitars and drums, but I'm really not sure of how I've placed everything else. Mind giving some advice?
Thank you so much in advance Wink

.mp3    2019_01_26 A place for us.mp3 --  (Download: 9.58 MB)

(27-01-2019, 12:01 AM)MikeMike Wrote: Hi guys, I guess I need some help with this mix. I'm ok with the sound I got for guitars and drums, but I'm really not sure of how I've placed everything else. Mind giving some advice?
Thank you so much in advance Wink

Hi man. First off all thank u for the feedback on my mix.
The mix was done a very long time ago and except from what u pointed out there are o several other mistakes in it that I did not go back to fix.
Now for your mix I beilive you should check your low end since it covers evrything. Try a gentle HP the low end to smooth it out.
Also the rest of the instruments are very low in volume and burried in the mix. You should bring them up to create more excitement.
Very nice, MikeMike, very nice. Slightly more "lo-fi" than some of the other mixes here and I respect that. The bass pops through really nicely though, I like your bass sound.
Advice is kind of hard, this is a really nice mix for the style you've gone for. Maybe add some extra automation to bring out the string parts or add impact and energy to some of the transitions.
You could add some excitement to the top end of the piano since it's quite dominant in the song.
I'd suggest some more top on the drums, but I'm always going to say that haha. It's just the sound I like to hear.
I'm just finishing my first go at this. It would be great if you could check mine out too. I'm trying to figure out what I've ended up with and if it's any good.