Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Actor TChianti Mix
I went for an ELO meets Phil Spector's "Wall of Sound".
At least that's what I think? Smile

.mp3    English Actor 2 TChianti Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

(22-09-2013, 05:30 PM)TChianit Wrote: I went for an ELO meets Phil Spector's "Wall of Sound".
At least that's what I think? Smile

This one is more restrained and still not perfect, but, perfection is like too much Pizza for me.
I break out in a rash in the worst places! Tongue

I feel it is better though.

TC

.mp3    Engkish Actor TChianti mikx2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Mix 1: The verses come through really well - but when the louder chorus hits the limiter does what its supposed to and thus your verses are bigger than the chorus. I think your vision of wall of sound is achieved, a lot brighter thatn I prefer, but we all have diffrent taste. Maybe what I dont like is the crash sound, cymbalsa down a tad around 4.5 kilo will do the trick for me. Levels are good !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Version 2. quite a diffrent animal. Gone is the impressive room. Drums and cymbals far more controlled.
Vocals 1 (youll never see etc.) can come up a tad in chorus. Around 2.28 somthin strange is happenin to the arpeggio synth, some notes are missin. is it gated ?

I prefer version 1 for its bold vision, think thats the most excitin of the 2.

Thx for sharin !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(24-09-2013, 11:09 AM)Voelund Wrote: Version 2. quite a diffrent animal. Gone is the impressive room. Drums and cymbals far more controlled.
Vocals 1 (youll never see etc.) can come up a tad in chorus. Around 2.28 somthin strange is happenin to the arpeggio synth, some notes are missin. is it gated ?

I prefer version 1 for its bold vision, think thats the most excitin of the 2.

Thx for sharin !

HI and thanks so much for taking the time to listen to both. The first one while it is more exciting and I too like it more lacks the definition I think of the second. Synth is not gated in either mix. Yeah I liked the wilder drums in mix one also.

I believe you did a mix on this also. The balances are great and the overall separation is real sweet.

Thanks again.

TC
I'll go with excitement instead of definition any day Big Grin
And thanks for the listen and comment Appreciated.