Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Haunted Age
Titanum - Haunted Age

.mp3    Haunted Age .mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

Oh man, brutal. This is my first time hearing a mix of this track, I might have to give it a go.

The guitar sound is quite fuzzy, is that the recorded tone or are there DI's? I do like the separation between guitar parts though, they blend well.

I really like the effected vocals but I'd maybe try separating the meat of the vocal from the effects a bit, just so it's more direct and angry.

The kick sounds absolutely punishing, big fan of that, but I would like to hear a bit more stick crack on the snare and maybe some more shine on the cymbals.

Sounds like a good balance for this genre overall though. Nice and heavy, cool mix!
Thanks for your comments

1. Guitar as is - there was no DI
2. There is a very bad Amp fuzz on 2 guitars - I gated at -15db and that got rid of it no problem.
3. At around 15 bars on vocals there is a pronounced N in at start of one of the words I just cut that out on both the tracks. Not that noticeable on 1 track but when played together very noticeable.
4. The vocal is a little wimpy without a lot of distortion (actually made me laugh a bit - no offence to the vocalist it was just odd for the genre).
5. For Bass I left the Amp one in and put BIAS Amp2 on the DI using my own preset "The Bass is the Star" which can be downloaded from the tonecloud. (mixed them together it seemed to work fine)

Actually a fun song and it grew on me.
Surprisingly good mix despite the bad source material. But the original guitar tracks are so out of tune that my ears bleed every time i hear them. Regarding the vocals: I think they are great Smile Try to use the high pitched voice to highlight certain phrases and the vocals really come together nicely. Had a ton of fun with them in my mix - after rerecording most of the guitars Smile

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=10952