Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2
Hello,

Made some cool arrangement changes but then Reaper crashed and I didn't save!! ... pff , Reaper very rarely crashes, DMG Limitless LUFS reset switch was to blame apparently!

Will make some more changes of course until the deadline but uploaded now to catch the 13 Jan 'feedback' deadline Smile

mix2 - addressed all issues and then some.. mix should sound more solid and polished, more 'together' like a finished mix now. Smile

.mp3    Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

.mp3    Hannes Keseberg - YouKnowBetter_3ee mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

Sorry to hear about your crash. Never a good thing. Studio One does auto backups at very short intervals. Has been a life saver in the past.

Your mix is right in the sweet spot for this song. Nicely done. Looking forward to hearing the arrangement choices you will be making.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
^many thanks! Smile
Hi 3ee,
your balance is perfect ,I have had many Crashes mainly using too many CPU hungry plugins , Here is a screen shot of how I save projects on reaper !
Cheers

Thumbnail(s)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks thedon! and thanks for the Reaper saving tip... I'll search more info on it.. I'm sure Kenny Gioia and Jon from TheReaperBlog also have some info in it.
Quick question about the picture: Does that mean you get a new file every 5 minutes?
I really like how you worked out the rim click! In general a nice mix, I like it!
http://www.theta-tontechnik.de
MacPro 5,1 - Logic Pro X - ProTools - REAPER
^ thanks tucks... to be honest, didn't try to do anything special to the rim shot, I mixed it like the snare, didn't even mult the tracks! Big Grin might do that tho..
Love your mix man. Really nicely balanced, everything clear, good panning and use of ambience. That slide guitar near the end, just before the whistling comes in, it has some really ear piercing frequencies I would consider to notch out. Overall a great job man!
(13-01-2019, 09:07 PM)ccjamz Wrote: Love your mix man. Really nicely balanced, everything clear, good panning and use of ambience. That slide guitar near the end, just before the whistling comes in, it has some really ear piercing frequencies I would consider to notch out. Overall a great job man!

Many thanks! Smile ..and you're right about the slide gtr, thanks for the tip!

Sounds smooth and balanced, like a record.

Maybe something with snare in the chorus. It’s sort of near and far at the same time. Or it feels a bit like street bumb. And now that I listen my version I seem to have the same problem.