Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remember december headphone mixs
hi this is the mix I came with for remember December:next time
I would like to hear you're critics about it.
its a hard one due to the number of tracks and the back vocals that forms an harmony that you can't destroy so you have to do them loud enough but not tool loud if you want to hear the other instruments.
by the way I hate mp3 it seems like it never sounds like I mixed

I did this with headphones because I don't have monitors and I know that its hard to do reverb with headphones, so i did the best I can.

enjoy and I hope to hear constructive comment from you guys

.m4a    Remember December_ Next Time.m4a --  (Download: 7.15 MB)

Hey

To me your mix sounds like it could have a little more low end and maybe llow mid in guitars. There could be even room for more low mids in bass too.
Lead voc need s-limiter a little tighter or you need to adjust the key freq.
And yes those bvox could be a hint louder. At least the male vox.
But in the last chorus there is something weird in the lead voc. Maybe it is a fx or that can be from the double track.

If you have to mix with headphones have you tried any speaker simulation plugin?
Like TB Isone http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isone/
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
IMO if you have good headphones and know them (listen hours&hours to records) you can do a perfectly decent mix.
That said I think the main issue with this mix is drums, way too much on the back.
Kick needs more punch and snare some snap.
Guitar tones seems pretty nice.
Could do with more panning I guess.
I agree here. I think you have good levels of things, but I feel like i'm listening to the EQ curve of your headphones, which definitely is the reason for lack of low end. Good balance though!