Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Come around - Voelund
Only the rules we make for ourself :-)

(23-09-2013, 09:33 PM)PrincessCakeJ Wrote: The backingvocals are great in your mix. I didnt manage to work with them because i thought it was best to not use them. But you managed to make them fit in, which in my opinion most other guys here failed at doing.

//J

Glad you say so, I worked a lot to make them fit. Thank you !

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
If somthin isnt loud enough you can either turn it up or somthin else down. Since were in digital domain I wnt turn up the choruses so the verses had a 1.2 dB dip and the voice build up a little less - to make choruses bigger. Thank you Jonas for drawin my attention. I think it works sweet Big Grin

.mp3    Come around 02a.mp3 --  (Download: 5.7 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
the logic automatin curve Apple Software

Thumbnail(s)

best version I've heard of this tune, my man.

great, sparkling guitar arepggios (tried for that myself!) and it sounds like you popped a phase/flange effect in around the middle, which is -awesome-.

backing vocals also sound really good, and I like the way you used a big, should-be tasteless reverb very tastefully to create all of that depth and space. there are great call and response exchanges in the lead vocals and more-present backing vocals.

I don't have any criticisms! great work.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Very nice work!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
@Voeland...you still picking up feedback here?
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
Anywhere when I see it Big Grin
(12-01-2014, 02:55 AM)pauli Wrote: best version I've heard of this tune, my man.

great, sparkling guitar arepggios (tried for that myself!) and it sounds like you popped a phase/flange effect in around the middle, which is -awesome-.

backing vocals also sound really good, and I like the way you used a big, should-be tasteless reverb very tastefully to create all of that depth and space. there are great call and response exchanges in the lead vocals and more-present backing vocals.

I don't have any criticisms! great work.

Thank you lots m8 - appreciated and Im sorry for overlookin your reply-
.Must admit I like my old LXP1 and its long verb, a guy I know used it for giggin with that preset all the time, it was in the 90s though :-)
Its tasteless yes, but it works great with shorter verbs sometimes.
For the flanger I dont remember - I´ll look into it.

snare, bass, and that guitar in the beginning sound good.Nice
decisions for all the guitars and vocals for evening out and filling the space. For the rest of the song it just sounds like something I would do!