Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know Better
This is my first attempt. Looking forward to your critiques and comments. Happy new year.

Added my Mix Contest version.

.mp3    YouKnowBetter_V1_1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.31 MB)

.mp3    You_Know_Better_Mix_Contest.mp3 --  (Download: 8.31 MB)

Solid everywhere I listen. Well stated guitar figures and drums and excellent lead vocal. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(01-01-2019, 02:08 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Solid everywhere I listen. Well stated guitar figures and drums and excellent lead vocal. Well done.

Thank you.
Nice mix man but very week on the low end. You will need to work much more on the bass to feel it. Without it the song feels very empty
(04-01-2019, 01:41 PM)Alexistheo Wrote: Nice mix man but very week on the low end. You will need to work much more on the bass to feel it. Without it the song feels very empty

Thank you. Is it really weak in low end?

well done

a bit too much reverb on the snare / bass was a bit loss in the mix
perc needed to be in their own space a bit, GTR needed to be a bit more controlled. the texture was really good, leves were good as well. need just a bit more contrast

scale 1 - 10 ----- 7.5 Big Grin

(06-01-2019, 09:27 PM)Ricardo Wrote: well done

a bit too much reverb on the snare / bass was a bit loss in the mix
perc needed to be in their own space a bit, GTR needed to be a bit more controlled. the texture was really good, leves were good as well. need just a bit more contrast

scale 1 - 10 ----- 7.5 Big Grin

Thank you. I will make some changes ^^.
I just added a new version. I hope that i fixed some issues.
The mix contest version sounds solid!

I loved the reverb on the snare.

The only thing I suggest would be more about the automation, I think the organ could be a little louder on some sections and with less lows when playing on the lower register.

Also the drums fills could jump a little bit more, especially on the transitions.

Smile

(Mix contest version)

Very nicely judged on the lead vocal. Excellent clarity.

Opposition panning on the rhythm guitar and piano also works well.

A few things that jumped out at me: The bass does seem to fight at times with the vocal. There's also not much in the way of contrast between the verse and chorus sections. That, of course, very much a matter of taste so disregard if intentional!
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42