Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Green: Rise Up Singing
Here's my take on the song. Very cool groove it was fun mixing this one, even with some of its challenges. I went a slightly different route than some of the other mixes. I separated the acoustic and electric guitars as opposed to mirroring them on both sides. I think it kinda gives it more a live recording feel as opposed to being done in a studio. That wasn't my intention, I was more interested in capturing a certain sound with the electric guitar, cause I liked the interplay between it and the lead vocal and that's why I did it that way.

Probably the most challenging aspect of this song is getting the drums to sound right. There was quite a bit of bleed on the tracks, and I found myself having to gate both the kick and snare. The snare had a lot of hi-hat in it too, so getting the right balance took a bit of work, especially once I had started getting the rest of the instruments their space. A simple eq on the snare started to make the hi-hat more present.

Anyways, let me know what you think, good or bad, I'd like to hear how this translates on other speakers.

.mp3    Jackie Green -Rise Up singing.mp3 --  (Download: 9.36 MB)

Made some adjustments and applied a little bit of mastering to the overall track. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    05 - JACKIE GREENE - Rise Up Singing.mp3 --  (Download: 9.32 MB)