Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Mix - Frank Lima BR
Mix Full ITB, Pro Tools, UAD, Waves, IK Multimedia, native plugins.

Comments welcome!

---------------
UPDATE 1

More clean guitars and eletric snare sampler

---------------
UPDATE 2

revised: tons; low mids; drum room; master low end;

.m4a    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Mix UPDT 2.m4a --  (Download: 6.34 MB)

.m4a    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Mix.m4a --  (Download: 6.29 MB)

.m4a    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Mix UPDT 1.m4a --  (Download: 6.37 MB)

I like the balance of vocals. The low vocals in the bridge sound good. It gives me the feeling like there are multiple people speaking inside my head (like the devils that are being described in the song, which is cool).

The clean guitars at the beginning seem a bit weak, as do the snare, and the electric snare/clap in the middle.
(30-12-2018, 04:05 PM)asarnelle Wrote: I like the balance of vocals. The low vocals in the bridge sound good. It gives me the feeling like there are multiple people speaking inside my head (like the devils that are being described in the song, which is cool).

The clean guitars at the beginning seem a bit weak, as do the snare, and the electric snare/clap in the middle.

thank you for your input

i go review the mix and repost
Balance is quite good. The complains I got is on the eq choice on some things.

*Toms are very very muddy and they don't have clarity when they hit. It's overwelming the low end and the mid lows too.
*Overall there are some 200 - 500 hz cuts that need to be done in some things. Kick, toms for example.
* I like the snare it's snappy and has enough body to snap through the mix.
*Main Vox eq are on point. If anything I'd just add a lil more reverb but that's a taste thing.
*I pretty much your low mids are very rumbly. I would watch out the reverb on things.. sometimes if you don't highpass them enough
you can get problems.
*Back vox is also balanced well with the main. No problems in this area. I think it's just the muddy low mids and the lack of clarity on the toms.

good mix!
Welcome and take time to post on others mixes it helps with the learning process Anyways,
Like the bass sound, but I would try and re blend them tho at .52 that distorted upper mid sound up some and bring the low one down a little Check low end information in sides. Take one of your eq that has mid/ side put a high pass and play around with the 100 to 150 range the mix seems to open up. I would have to agree about the low mids that shul mentioned start there.
Nice Job!
Jerze
(31-12-2018, 06:08 AM)Shul Wrote: Balance is quite good. The complains I got is on the eq choice on some things.

thanks for listen and analisys

*Toms are very very muddy and they don't have clarity when they hit. It's overwelming the low end and the mid lows too.

More 2dB in tons and -3dB in drums room

*Overall there are some 200 - 500 hz cuts that need to be done in some things. Kick, toms for example.

i understend not necessary

* I like the snare it's snappy and has enough body to snap through the mix.

me too

*Main Vox eq are on point. If anything I'd just add a lil more reverb but that's a taste thing.

cool, I liked listening to my headphones and car.

*I pretty much your low mids are very rumbly. I would watch out the reverb on things.. sometimes if you don't highpass them enough
you can get problems.

yes!

*Back vox is also balanced well with the main. No problems in this area. I think it's just the muddy low mids and the lack of clarity on the toms.

pdate comming soon

good mix!

(31-12-2018, 03:44 PM)jerze Wrote: Welcome and take time to post on others mixes it helps with the learning process Anyways,
Like the bass sound, but I would try and re blend them tho at .52 that distorted upper mid sound up some and bring the low one down a little Check low end information in sides. Take one of your eq that has mid/ side put a high pass and play around with the 100 to 150 range the mix seems to open up. I would have to agree about the low mids that shul mentioned start there.
Nice Job!
Jerze

low mids on the snare revised. Update comming soon.

thanks for your input!