Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurry For The Riff Raff, Living In The City
This is my mix.

.mp3    Hurry For The Riff Raff, Living In The City mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.84 MB)

.mp3    Hurry For The Riff Raff, Living In The City mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Reaper user
Solid work as usual Cudjoe. I really like the overall feel and vibe, great guitar placement and tones. I like how you pushed them through the quiet section of the song. Drums are probably too forward sounding for me though. Down a dB or 2 and maybe softening the attack settings slightly may help relax them into the groove also. I enjoyed listening to this one. Well Done
Agree with Dave. If you revise those drums (snare is the main offender, OH's sound great) while making the vocal cut thru more (and less reverb, also), you got a winner! Bass could be a little boomy, too.

Usually, when guitars are twin panned, the solo has little impact, but somehow you made it work very nicely!
(31-12-2018, 11:17 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Solid work as usual Cudjoe. I really like the overall feel and vibe, great guitar placement and tones. I like how you pushed them through the quiet section of the song. Drums are probably too forward sounding for me though. Down a dB or 2 and maybe softening the attack settings slightly may help relax them into the groove also. I enjoyed listening to this one. Well Done
Thanks Dave i agree with your comments,i have uploaded mix2,Happy New Year by the way.
Reaper user
(02-01-2019, 03:16 PM)Deliza Wrote: Agree with Dave. If you revise those drums (snare is the main offender, OH's sound great) while making the vocal cut thru more (and less reverb, also), you got a winner! Bass could be a little boomy, too.

Usually, when guitars are twin panned, the solo has little impact, but somehow you made it work very nicely!
Thanks for your comments i made mix 2 just before you reviewed my mix so the bass is more or less untouched,thanks anyway and Happy New Year to you.
Reaper user
mix2, Very Nice. Well done!

Happy New Year.Big Grin
Solid mix. Too much reverb on the vocal for me, but all sounding good otherwise.
Indeed, that little too much of reverb is the only thing that's not cutting it. Everything else is just messy and great!