Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of noone
Hi!

My mix!

Thanks for feedback! Big Grin

.mp3    Children of noone mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.39 MB)

Cool mix ! Very wie and open sound, I love your toms ! Its well balanced and it sounds like you want it to i guess.
I dont know if I like the wide stereo effect, but I must admit it gives the mix a huge soundfield to play with. In the intro the first guitar(Gilmour thing) has a cool echo thing goin, You could turn down the other guitar a bit, nah bot guitars in that part, the song hits hard when the drums kick in as it is, but takin them down another dB or so will make the effect even bigger.

Good strong mix you made !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
By the way, did you play the 2nd solo ? I dont remember a solo there in my raw tracks, maybe have deleted it :-)
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks for yours comments!

(18-09-2013, 06:37 PM)Voelund Wrote: I dont know if I like the wide stereo effect, but I must admit it gives the mix a huge soundfield to play with.

There is no special wide stereo effect, just reverb!

(18-09-2013, 06:37 PM)Voelund Wrote: You could turn down the other guitar a bit, nah bot guitars in that part, the song hits hard when the drums kick in as it is, but takin them down another dB or so will make the effect even bigger.

I agree with you! Big Grin
(18-09-2013, 06:49 PM)Voelund Wrote: By the way, did you play the 2nd solo ? I dont remember a solo there in my raw tracks, maybe have deleted it :-)

Big Grin

Check!
That echo on the Gilmour guitar is really good ! Except, and I would make another mix just for that - when the guitar plays faster phrases, worst in 0.32. You could turn the send down on the fast phrases or use another echo to fill it out, but man, on the long notes. Great ! Wish I had thought of that.
(18-09-2013, 07:10 PM)Voelund Wrote: Except, and I would make another mix just for that - when the guitar plays faster phrases, worst in 0.32. You could turn the send down on the fast phrases or use another echo to fill it out, but man, on the long notes.

I will try! Big Grin