Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I want - Voelund
Its becomin quite a habit, I moved some little things around that changed the verses a lot. I didnt like the them, but loved the sounds and the feel, just thought it could be better in the verses, so I killed some parts and moved one dramatic keyboard part to emphasis the lyrics and give the music a little more dynamic. Evrythin were quite well recorded and I didnt do much, gave guitar and keys their own boost in frequencies, had a little distortion bus goin to make things bigger in the chorus, automated a verb from snare to make even more drama :-)
I like how it turned out, tell me what you think I missed or what you think I did wrong, misinterpret the musical or tonal intentioins. And if you like it give it some rating Smile
Another habit is doin the Xabix trick, stretchin and finetunin copied overdubs. I dubbed the band choruses, and they sounded weird together, but given the treatment they sounded better :-)
Also I copied a certain phrase in keyboard part, pretty hard to play, and it seem he played it live, second time around were good, the rest soso, so I copied the 2nd part, dont you love digital, if not for else then for the ease of copien parts...

ATTENTION: New and better mix (I think that) below

.mp3    What i want 02 - lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.34 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
When I listened today I wasnt happy wit the drums, the cymbals were a little too distant and the toms didnt say a lot, and I made another strategy for the guitar/key balances, also added an eq to the vox and made it brighter and gave it a little middle to make it stand out more from the BG vocals. I made a mastering with one dB more limit, but I kinda like this very 80s just hittin the limiter when the band really kicks in.
Im kinda satisfied with this. Today. Before I drove to get dinner I thought the vocals were too high, but listenin now I think they are where thsy fit with the music.

Its so much fun changin a good song into something better (through my eyes that is, feel free to disagree Big Grin ) Takin out small parts of the keyboard and makin the lovely bass have the lead in verses relly made the trick for me, and the extra echo, which also lengthened that stringsynth sound, layered with the keys, just so its a little more audible. Fun song to mix and well recorded. Well the scratch vocal werent, but I used it here and there, where the lyrics and timing fitted...

.mp3    What i want 03a lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.31 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice creative mix , the piano 0.34 sounds jumps out a touch upfront Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Lol - thats what I liked, but maybe I overdid the drama there. Thx for observin !
Listenin again I totally agree with you - thank you lots !