Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Rate my mix, please.
Hi all. Please have a listen to my mix of this song and let me know what you think if you have time to give me feedback. It would be much appreciated! Thank you.

.mp3    AllHandsLostFinalMaster.mp3 --  (Download: 11.6 MB)

guitars were kinda muddy
It sounds like you had a little trouble trying to get an overall sound for the song as a whole. The vocal effects are cool, but just weird in this song. How did you get the vocals harmonized? And the guitars ringing on the second verse was really cool too! How did you do that? Some feedback would've been great to hear right before they kicked back in! Distortion on the bridge for the vocals was a good idea actually. I liked how it added a harsher/heavier feel to it. Good stuff man.

Check my mix out and comment please!!
Hi Daniel. Thanks for your comments. Not sure what you mean by "trouble getting an overall sound for the song as a whole". Could you maybe be a bit more specific? For harmonizing the vocals I just duplicated the vocal track and added a pitch shifter to change the shift into a key that could harmonize with the actual vocal. The guitars ringing was done using flex time to stretch the audio. Good idea on the distortion, I might still add that.

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate it. I will listen to your mix later today and give you my opinion.
Bass gtr really got in the way... but sounds good.. rverse reverb coulda been comped alot more
This sounds very nice, the harmony on the vocals sound really cool.
I just feel some odd resonance in the low mid in the overall mix.

did you replace some drum elements ?
Sounds nice to me. I Like the fat guitars.
Great job you captured the songs effect without putting a ton of compression and you left stuff how it should be Big Grin al though i would personally make the guitars more powerfull and in yo face but still great job DOOD Blush
Sir you have done great out of all the mixes this is the one i would listen to although drums could be changed but everything is pretty slick nice job dooooooooood
Good mix, but I feel the drums could be a bit 'crisper'. The snare (to me at least) lacks impact. It could be that the bass guitar is swallowing the mix just a tad. But overall a great mix.