Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I´m Alright
Hi!

My mix!

Feedback welcome!

Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Im Alright mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

it's okay but a few points i would like to make. bring up the piano. that holds a great degree of the feel of the track and its flow. vocals are okay but could be glued together better and maybe brought down a little in relation to the rest of the track. also i would consider automating the electric guitar more. like have its rhythmic playing slightly panned left/central and the lead automated to be central. the bass needs cleaning up and compressing and theres very little in the middle. i myself used the electric guitars rhythm sparingly, turned down and central only to really shine through when it needed. try a nice slapback on the vocals too. your drums could do with a different eqing. sound very flat. your rhythym acoustic sounds lovely though.

here is my revised volume mix

.m4a    revised mix.m4a --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

(17-09-2013, 06:01 PM)shugo541 Wrote: it's okay but a few points i would like to make. bring up the piano. that holds a great degree of the feel of the track and its flow. vocals are okay but could be glued together better and maybe brought down a little in relation to the rest of the track. also i would consider automating the electric guitar more. like have its rhythmic playing slightly panned left/central and the lead automated to be central. the bass needs cleaning up and compressing and theres very little in the middle. i myself used the electric guitars rhythm sparingly, turned down and central only to really shine through when it needed. try a nice slapback on the vocals too. your drums could do with a different eqing. sound very flat. your rhythym acoustic sounds lovely though.

Hi!

Thanks for yours comments! I am little confused! About compressing! Most of track was very compressed ( read too compressed Big Grin)! Vocals about -7 dB GR-12:1, bass goes to -20 dB GR-8:1! About electric guitar! I try yours sugestion before in mix (riff left, solo centered), but for me it sounds unnaturall! Slapback! This is very busy mix and I think that slapback is not properly choice for reverb, but this is my personal preference!
About drums! I dont like original drums tracks! I replace original kick and snare with samples! Probably are drums too compressed with bad choice of samples! Big Grin
About piano! For me was piano too blurry recorded and I dont like how he sounds in mix!

Anyway, again, thanks for comments!

I am very grateful!

Google translate! Blush

Some correction! Big Grin

.mp3    Im Alright mik123 mix ver 3.mp3 --  (Download: 2.73 MB)

(17-09-2013, 08:41 PM)mik123 Wrote: Some correction! Big Grin

nice, much more balanced
Mik you played that rhythm guitar ? Or I dont remember a thing about the tracks :-) Very good. I miss the piano though. I kinda gave up on this, as I couldt make it sound like I wanted ... The vocals are a tad loud. (1st version)

Listenin 2nd version now. Vocals still a bit upfront. Sounds good, but bringin them down will take away the "karaoke" feel. I guess if one didnt know there were a piano part one wouldnt miss it, and actually its more of a rocksong now, than before with the piano where I had the feeling the song didnt know which hat to put on, the latino or the rocker ..
I see you made that choice and it works. I respect that !
Maybe a ittle more bass wouldnt hurt ?

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(18-09-2013, 06:59 PM)Voelund Wrote: Mik you played that rhythm guitar ? Or I dont remember a thing about the tracks :-) Very good. I miss the piano though. I kinda gave up on this, as I couldt make it sound like I wanted ... The vocals are a tad loud. (1st version)

Listenin 2nd version now. Vocals still a bit upfront. Sounds good, but bringin them down will take away the "karaoke" feel. I guess if one didnt know there were a piano part one wouldnt miss it, and actually its more of a rocksong now, than before with the piano where I had the feeling the song didnt know which hat to put on, the latino or the rocker ..
I see you made that choice and it works. I respect that !
Maybe a ittle more bass wouldnt hurt ?

Thanks for yours comments!

I like it " ....will take away the "karaoke" feel"! Big Grin Cool

About piano! I agree with you!

About bass! Big Grin

I am very grateful to you!