Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time
Hi there,
here's my mix Blush!

What happened to Tom1 though ? Big Grin

Cheers,
Raphaël

EDIT : same thing, but with less limiting.

.mp3    cu.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

.mp3    cu-v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

Yeah this song needs a ton of production editing. I'm using the "mixed drums" track already. I mixed this in the past and omg I barely remembered that I had to edit A TON of parts on the guitars and bass and had to replace kick because it's cliping and toms etc.. a lot of editing.. Right now I'm just working with what the tracks are Confused..

anyways It's a solid balance.. thought I'm noticing some cliping but I'm not sure if it's the recording or if you over did it with the limiter.
I like your drums. did you replace them with samples? or a combination of both?

cool mix Smile
Hi Shul,
thank you for your comments!

I did add a kick sample because the original one sounded too muffled.

For the snare, I just used the samples 1 and 2 that were provided (but not 3). The snare also goes to a gated reverb and a room. The un-reverbered snare sees about 10 db of gain reduction with mid/slow attack with an API-type compressor, for some tasty snap.

For the overheads and room, there is some cleaning up of spurious ringing. The room is heavily compressed with a PYE-type plugin.
In both room and OH, I removed quite some 3k with a pultec-type eq (now that I opened my session again, not sure why I did that, but anyway...).

Toms were replaced as well.

Then, my drum bus is compressed in parallel with the compression of a chandler-type (TG) channel strip, short recovery. In the parallel compressed bus, I dialed back the receives of overheads and rooms, and pushed the snare forward.

I will update my original post with a version where I dial back the mix so it hits the final limited not so strongly.

Cheers,
Raphaël.

(20-12-2018, 09:30 AM)Shul Wrote: Yeah this song needs a ton of production editing. I'm using the "mixed drums" track already. I mixed this in the past and omg I barely remembered that I had to edit A TON of parts on the guitars and bass and had to replace kick because it's cliping and toms etc.. a lot of editing.. Right now I'm just working with what the tracks are Confused..

anyways It's a solid balance.. thought I'm noticing some cliping but I'm not sure if it's the recording or if you over did it with the limiter.
I like your drums. did you replace them with samples? or a combination of both?

cool mix Smile