Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaathaadi
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    Kaathaadi.mp3 --  (Download: 9.44 MB)

.mp3    Kaathaadi Final.mp3 --  (Download: 9.44 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I like the voices in your mix! the only thing that I would watch would be the bass, I think that if you lower it just a little bit, it would be perfect!
mixing since April 2013
I agree. Here it is with the bass toned down.

.mp3    Kaathaadi 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.44 MB)

I'm very hesitant to tackle this one... I have a very genuine appreciation for this style but very little in terms of practical experience or knowing what suits the style...

that said, you've struck a wonderful balance here! I don't disagree with juan's comment about the bass being out of proportion level-wise, but I don't really think the track volume itself really needed to come down... there's some peaky stuff going on in the middle ranges that keep popping out of the mix and messing with the illusion of space. in my opinion, you might try using an eq or a multiband compressor to duck those spikes if you haven't already. and like I said, I don't really know what's typical for the style, but I'm curious how your take would sound with a big, lush ambiance.

great job man... I'm downloading the multitracks but I think this one might be over my head until I get some more practice. keep at it, I love your work on the forum.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Thanks for the listen and input pauli. You motivated me to go back and do some more work on this one. I did adjust the eq and ambience on several tracks and also spent some more time on additional automation.

.mp3    Kaathaadi 3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.44 MB)

I'm gad I was of some small help! The mix with the adjusted ambiance is great! I gave it a try, too, I'll post it tonight and we'll see how it stands up to scrutiny... I really worked hard on the automation, more so than I usually have the brass to try.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Good Mix .. Good depth .... Voice this in the face ... I'm a little out of this kind of music ...... but I really like .... thanks
Zargius Onatob
Only listened to the most recent one but think you've got it spot on. Good idea having the real strings more mono, seems to hide the timing problems which become more evident when panned wide [think I'll go back and narrow mine] or did you edit them? Had a couple of listens and really the only criticism is a minor one, the shaker could sit further back, distracts me from the voc in the first verse, then later on when the timing gets dodgy it doesn't really help the tune. But small stuff, sounds really nice all up.