Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag Me Down - Mixing
Firstly , hello everybody i have to say that this song is super cool and i really enjoyed, i hope you guys like the mix ,if you want to share your ideas with me ,i will be so happy.
Thank you for listening!!

.mp3    drag me down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

Hi berkaykorkmaz,

Good mix, nice ideas well executed. Here are my suggestions:

I believe the main thing dragging this mix down is some clutter around 300-500HZ, maybe. Also, I feel the kick is a little heavy on the lows for this type of song. The voice gets lost in the mix on the choruses. Addressing the clutter problem could help, but consider some automation as well. I would also remove some fat from the guitars (not the rhythm ones, but the arpeggiated) and give them a little more bite to be present in the mix without adding to that low-mid area clutter.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hi OctopusOnFire

Thank you so much for comment,i wrote down your suggestions and i did not do any automation but i know i should.I feel the same clutter problem on the choruses but i don't know how to solve this issue,i will try your suggestions.

Thank you so much again!!